Ana Maraž was born in 1985 in Slovenia. In 2011 she graduated in the Faculty of Education (Department of Fine Arts Education, University of Ljubljana). In recent years she works in the field of illustration.
Her awarded illustrations were published in books “Kako dolg je čas” (Mate Dolenc, Beletrina, 2019) and “Božaj veter” (Miroslav Košuta, Mladinska knjiga, 2021). Her works are published in renowned Slovenian Children’s magazines Cicido and Ciciban.
She is a member of the Association of Slovenian Fine Artists (ZDSLU), the Association of Artists of North Primorska (DLUSP) and is included in the Section of Illustrators. She exhibits at home and abroad, as a self-employed in culture she lives and works in Vipava, Slovenia.
Photo: Miloš Milošević
– 2021; Special jury member commendation by Silvan Omerzu (14th Slovenian biennial of illustration, Cankarjev dom, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
– 2021; Best illustrations for books (Kalemagdan fortress, Belgrade, Serbia)
– 2017; Special mention for illustration and design of LP album Mart - Domestic on Festival TRESK #8 – Obračun glasbe in založništva (Ljubljana, Slovenija)
– 2014; Hinko Smrekar distinction (11th Slovenian biennial of illustration, Cankarjev dom, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- 2022; Umetnost v času koronakrize na Goriškem (Mestna Galerija Nova Gorica, Nova Gorica, Slovenia)
– 2021; Retrospective exhibition of “Društvo lična hiša” (Lična hiša, Ajdovščina, Slovenia)
– 2021; Books under the trees 2021 / City of books (Nova Gorica, Slovenia)
– 2021; 7th December Illustration Fair (Vodnikova domačija, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
– 2021; Umetnost v času koronakrize na Goriškem (Pilonova galerija, Ajdovščina, Slovenia)
– 2021; 14th Biennial of Slovenian Illustration (Cankarjev dom, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
– 2021; 28th Biennial of Illustrations Bratislava - BIB 2021 (Bratislava Castle, Bratislava, Slovakia)
– 2021; VII. Independent Biennial (Kino Šiška, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
– 2021; Ilustrofest (Belgrade, Serbia)