Ana Maraž was born in 1985 in Slovenia. In 2011 she graduated in the Faculty of Education (Department of Fine Arts Education, University of Ljubljana). In recent years she works in the field of illustration. She is the winner of several awards, the most important of them being Hinko Smrekar distinction on 11th Slovenian biennial of illustration in 2014. Since then her works have been published in publications at home and abroad (Australia, USA, Serbia, Japan, China).
In 2019 she illustrated an anthology of fairy tales by Mate Dolenc – »Kako dolg je čas« (How long is time, published by Beletrina) which were included in the 50th Golden Pen of Belgrade - 15th International Biennial of Illustration 2019 and selected and exhibited at The Golden Pinwheel young illustrators competition 2020 in Shanghai, China. In 2021 she illustrated Miroslav Košuta's book of poetry »Božaj veter« (published by Mladinska knjiga). Her works are published in Cicido and Ciciban magazines.
She is a member of the Association of Slovenian Fine Artists (ZDSLU), the Association of Artists of North Primorska (DLUSP) and is included in the Section of Illustrators. She exhibits at home and abroad, as a self-employed in culture she lives and works in Vipava, Slovenia.
Photo: Miloš Milošević
– 2021; Ilustrofest (Belgrade, Serbia)
– 2021; Ljubi / ne ljubi - International group exhibiton (Galerija Media Nox, Maribor, Slovenia)
– 2021; Mesto knjige in collaboration with Prostorož (Solkan, Slovenia)
– 2021; Ona – Exhibition of Works by the Female Members of the Northern Primorska Fine Arts Society (Lokarjeva galerija, Ajdovščina, Slovenia)
– 2021; 14th Science and Art Festival HOKUS POKUS (Pionirski dom, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
– 2020; 6th December Illustration Fair (Vodnikova domačija, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
– 2020; Golden pinwheel (Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Centre, Shanghai, China)